No products in the cart.
Resmed Astral 150 Ventilator APAC2
Roll over image to zoom in
Click to open expanded view
EASY TO MOBILE: The ResMed’s Astral 150 is lightweight i.e. weighing just 3.2 kg. Its lightweight feature makes this device portable.
EASY USAGE: Astral’s menu is simple & intuitive. The device has a large color LCD. The ventilators display gives essential information about patients’ conditions to the clinicians & carers.
EASY START & STOP: The Astral 150 machine comes with a big button feature on the main display. It allows you to start or stop the ventilator., or even mute the alarm, just by touching the screen.
ALARM FEATURE FOR ADDED REASSURANCE: The machine has features like fixed & adjustable alarms. It also includes an advanced disconnection alarm feature for added reassurance.
OPTIONAL MOBILITY BAGS FOR PROTECTION: The ResMed gives a choice of 2 mobility bags that can protect the Astral 150 while you are on the move. The bag comes with transparent panels which means easy access to the touchscreen. The broad & wide straps enable you to carry the device comfortably over your shoulder or you can mount it on the wheelchair
The Astral 150 by ResMed device provides mechanical ventilation to both ventilation-dependent & non-dependent patients. It delivers pressure & volume ventilation through either a valve or a leak circuit & is compatible with a wide range of accessories to support specific use cases.
The information available here would be compatible with both the ventilator machines Astral 100 the Astral 150 devices. Where the information applies to only one of these devices, that device will be specified
- Please read the complete manual before using the Astral 150 device.
- Use the Astral device only as directed by a healthcare provider or a physician.
- Use of the Astral device only for the intended use as described in the manual. The advice contained in the manual doesn’t replace the instructions given by the prescribing physician.
- Install & configure the Astral device by the instructions provided in this manual.
Indications for use
The Astral 100 & 150 provides continuous or intermittent ventilator support for patients weighing more than 5 kg who require mechanical ventilation. The Astral device is intended to be generally used in homes, institutions, hospitals, & portable applications for both
invasive & non-invasive ventilation.
- The Astral 150 by ResMed is contraindicated in patients with the following pre-existing conditions:
- The pneumothorax or pneumomediastinum
- Pathologically low blood pressure, particularly if associated with intravascular volume depletion
- The cerebrospinal fluid leak, recent cranial surgery, or a trauma
- The severe bullous lung disease
- The dehydration
There were reports of unusual chest pain, severe headache, or increased breathlessness. Here are some side effects that may arise during the use of the device:
- The drying of the nose, mouth, or throat
- Nose bleeding
- Ear or discomfort in the sinus
- An eye irritation
- Rashes on the skin
General warnings & cautions
The following are the general warnings & cautions. Further specific warning, cautions, and notes appear next to the relevant instructions in the handbook. May a warning alert you to possible injury.
Enhanced access feature
The ResMed Astral 150 device offers an enhanced access feature (‘Big buttons’ mode) to provide you with easier usability & accessibility. The ‘Big buttons’ mode can be used to start & stop the ventilation, as well as to mute the alarms.